Essilor of America Director - Essilor Production Center (EPC) - Montreal in Montreal, Canada
The Director of the Essilor Production Center (EPC) in Montréal, QC, will be responsible for all laboratory operations which include the direct supervision of all optical production personnel, production department supervisors (surfacing, coatings, edge & mounting, logistics and preventative maintenance). The incumbent will be responsible for product quality and production efficiency in line with the ESSILOR Canada Group’s quality standards and efficiency targets. In addition, the Director will be responsible for managing the human resources of the Laboratory as well as the financial aspects such as setting budgets and establishing key metrics for the Lab. This would include product yields, equipment upgrades, safety metrics, financial targets for daily performance, and monthly forecasts among others. The Director also works closely with the supply chains and other corporate departments to achieve operations targets and quality. The incumbent will also be responsible for the health and safety of all employees in the EPC and for engaging employees in respecting our EHS regulations and principles and values.
• Improve efficiency and quality for the lab and for the customer.
• Propose and implement measures to reduce costs and improve service time.
• Run the day-to-day operations of the EPC.
• Actively manage the staff, workflow, efficiency and operations to meet quality and volume/sales targets and service level objectives. Monitor success of business through Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
• Provide leadership for responsible production in the lab and lead cross functional teams in daily meetings, training and communication, participate to the implementation of, and oversee the daily performance management system as well as the SOP’s.
• Organize the activities of all assigned personnel including supervisors, technicians and all shift personnel to drive safety, quality and output at the lab in order to achieve all assigned goals.
• Responsible for all equipment and production operations for a 24/5 operation. This includes leading and managing cross-functional teams to deliver results and overseeing lean and continuous improvement processes.
• Ensure that the lab operations are compliant with Essilor’s EHS standards and protect the safety of all employees.
• Manage performance of all assigned staff, set objectives, and review performance regularly
• Regularly communicate with, and report lab status to senior Operations leadership including performance to daily, weekly and monthly operations goals as well as results, initiatives, gaps and challenges.
• Review and approve all Accounts Payable invoices and respect the budget
• Communicate regularly with the Corporate Head Office and management team: Director of Sales, Finance, HR Business Partner, EHS Partner, and also all other concerned VPs.
• University degree in a related field (Operations Management, an asset);
• Minimum of 5-7 years of manufacturing management experience with experience in an optical/chemical/plastic environment, an asset;
• Knowledge of continuous improvement process (Lean manufacturing);
• Good understanding of the range and products offered by the organization;
• Strong leadership, communications, troubleshooting and decision-making skills;
• A proven track record of leading safety improvements in a production environment;
• Ability to coordinate small, cross-functional teams, in sometimes stressful or demanding circumstances. This includes being able to set direction, develop troubleshooting plans and to anticipate and plan for challenges;
• The individual should have strong analytical skills including statistics, data analysis and performance KPI’S;
• Ability to assess internal status and then develop a roadmap focused on necessary capital projects, process improvements, training and people development to achieve all targets;
• Knowledge of accounting/financial concepts;
• A proven ability to establish and maintain relationships with all of the functional groups including Sales, sourcing, HR, IT, Technical and Maintenance;
• An understanding of equipment specifications and verification methods including safe start-up, risk mitigation, testing and analysis;
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive and motivating team atmosphere for direct and indirect reports;
• Ability to inspire and build strong teamwork in a multicultural environment;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Good level of knowledge of Microsoft Office, proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint and Google Suite and tools;
• French and English - written and spoken.
Essilor Canada is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate individuals with disabilities through each stage of the recruitment and selection process.
https://www.essilorusa.com/careers/diversity-inclusion Essilor of America and/or its subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.